Wednesday

nostalgia

now that this smellish semester is over..... (HALLELUJAH!)
i feel nostalgic.
i know that's completely and absolutely crazzzzzeeeee.
but its real life.
after every semester is over i get sooooooooo incredibly sad.
i dont even know why, cause during the semester's stresses, i stop and think "is this really worth it?"
then days like today make me realize it really is allllll worth it.... the countless tears, the stress, the late nights, the lack of sleep and proper nutrition, the tedious homework, the endless studying, the waking up and getting my buttocks to class on time, and the phony teachers who make it impossible to have a normal life.
i love it all so much in the end.
so to help me not ever forget spring 2011 semester....
here's my list of memories:


1. the smell of fried food EVERY.single.TIME. when walking past institute building
2. feeling the bond with all the other 400 hundred anatomy students, cause i mean we were always in
it together, whether or not i knew their name. i still felt like i was their friend forevaaaa.
3. having a class with 2 sisters and 1 favorite boy all together. so much love. in one classroom.
4. playing words with friends when lectures got uber duber boring. ooops. sorry professor. that meant
your speaking to me was lame that day.
5. wearing hair up in a bun, pony or whatever it was, almost everyday cause i would rather sleep then wake up earlier, enough to do it.
6. wearing zuriick t-shirts often...effortless fashion, worked for me.
7. brother bartholomew and his life changing institute lessons. every.single.class.was.life.changing. who can even just do that? he really saved my life this semester. literally.
8. parking in always the same spot. near that old beat up red honda. everyday.
9. my students. that i mentor. so smart and so sweet and so loveable. and so ahead of the game.
10. david who always always always always asked at least 2 questions. no.matter.what. without fail.
11. coach miners joke book. that guy and his jokes. he gets a bang out of them jokes more then us, and THAT is what tickled me. soooooo stinking funny. even at 9 am.
12. being glued at the hip with my best friend. cause of anatomy. and because we could.
13. learning how to really spell. like really. ask me any word and i will spell it right out for ya..
14. red pens. never seen so much red ink in my life.
15. walking up 3 flights of stairs. cause that counted as my exercise. and i loved the burn afterwards too.
16. writing in pencil for the first time in...probably years. honestly, YEARS..
17. smell of volcano capri blue candle. cause thats what motivated me to study.
18. chick fil a. dinner of our choice. because its cheap and oh so yum.
19. starting to love my job again, because those dang grams love me so unconditionally. even if i was stressed, onry or didn't cook them the best dinner.
20. the time that my favorite (of ALLLL time) gram enid passed away. so so so grieved to see her go, but so happy for her to go see her hubs and son again.
21. stupid stupid mr. sniffles in the front row. drove me completely crazy with his darn sniffles. hey pal its call a KLEEEEEENX. use it or lose your nose, tomorrow.
22. julian. period. he rules and you wouldnt even believe his story. hes from south africa. it will blow your mind to pieces.
23. having a messy car. cause there's no time for anything. but eat, sleep, anatomy.

this semester has been gr8.
and i definitely will miss you spring '11.

1 comment:

t&hbilodough said...

number 22? Julian Smit? If that's who you are talking about. I LOVE him! :) Lauren oh how I've missed you so much. How about I'm moving back this summ! It sounds like your semester was grandious... for some parts haha but i lurrrrve you! :)